What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is looking for a Transit Project Manager to join our Transit & Rail Business Line in the Greater Toronto area. This individual will oversee engineering/architectural design, development and construction implementation of transit facilities projects. Focus will also include planning and solution development, ensuring technical delivery standards and collaborating across multi-disciplined project delivery teams.
Successful Candidates will have a minimum of 10 plus years’ experience in engineering and management in the planning, design, and construction of transit and intermodal facilities. Primary day-to-day manager of station design both surface and underground tunnel, supervising project design and engineering services during construction, recommending approaches to all design and construction requirements, managing and overseeing the design process so as to achieve the most cost-effective design, and taking all appropriate steps to maintain the projects budget and schedule.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of sub-consulting firms assisting with station design reviews.
- Analyze and identify project risks, complete a risk registry and plan risk responses. Monitor for risk triggers throughout the life of the project and implement risk responses when required.
- Reassess risks at key milestones throughout the life of the project and develop a plan of action to mitigate newly identified risks.
- Coordinating with Public Involvement efforts to monitor and incorporate community concerns.
- Review and/or approval of invoices, and change orders, and claims
- Monitor changes to project scope to ensure project schedules and estimates are reflective of changes.
- Coordinate closely with a multi-disciplined team.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or Architecture with an emphasis on project engineering, architectural engineering or related railway facility disciplines.
- Licensed Professional Engineer or Registered Architect Ontario.
- 10 plus years progressive experience leading and managing large scale infrastructure projects, primarily in railway and transit facilities design with major public agencies in the GTA region.
- Proven abilities to lead engineers and other professionals across multiple disciplines, driving the successful completion of engineering deliverables within client expectations and under contract obligations including budget and schedule.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical and contractual aspects of transit design.
- Ability to lead and manage multidiscipline teams effectively.
- Strong client management and relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear and concise manner and facilitate meetings.
- Successful candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in Canada
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS