The management of construction projects is increasingly complex as budgets shrink and infrastructure needs grow. Gannett Fleming’s nationally recognized team of construction and program managers and inspectors provide project delivery services that set industry benchmarks for quality, value, schedule, and cost in all phases of construction. Our success is reflected in our record of low-change order costs as well as a high percentage of repeat business, proven with full in-house capabilities of a multidiscipline
architectural and engineering firm.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is actively recruiting highly motivated Construction Engineering Inspectors for positions anywhere in the North Carolina area. As an engineering inspector, you will experience exceptional training and career development opportunities, allowing you to understand dynamics unique to being in the field as part of the construction management function. At the same time, working under the direct charge of experienced field engineers on challenging construction projects.
Aspire to be a key player on some interesting regional projects, with opportunities to collaborate across multiple disciplines nationally. Responsibilities will include:
- Tasks related to field inspections, performing design calculations, verifying the accuracy of dimensions and project data, and examining workmanship for conformity to standards
- Work under supervision of a field engineer, project manager or senior-level team member
- 2+ years of related experience
- High School diploma
- Proficient in use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to establish and maintain positive lines of communication between other technicians, engineers, contractors, and the public. Capable of effectively communicate in a clear, concise, organized, and persuasive manner.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as required, to any assigned project within the State of NC.
- Must apply safety philosophy and program to all operations.
- Ability to work safely in an outside environment with exposure to hazards on construction sites including heights, highway traffic, and traversing rough terrain in evaluating highway construction.
- Works productively in a team environment as well as work independently
- Flexible – can adapt to shifting priorities
- Can take direction from others and in turn can provide guidance to others
- Valid NC Driver’s License required.
- Must be able to perform moderate physical activity including but not limited to walking, climbing, balancing, kneeling, and standing.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Requires close visual acuity to review and interpret plan details.
- Must be able to survey and inspect construction sites in rough terrain and variable temperatures
- NCDOT Certifications – asphalt, concrete, soils and aggregate
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS