The management of construction projects is increasingly complex as budgets shrink and infrastructure needs grow. Gannett Fleming’s nationally recognized team of construction and program managers and inspectors provide project delivery services that set industry benchmarks for quality, value, schedule, and cost in all phases of construction. Our success is reflected in our record of low-change order costs as well as a high percentage of repeat business, proven with full in-house capabilities of a multidiscipline
architectural and engineering firm.
What You Will Do
Construction Field Inspector (Mechanical/Electrical): This is technical construction inspection work to ensure compliance with plans and specifications involving mechanical, electrical, and/or electronic elements of the projects for the CIP program. The employee is responsible for ensuring that project aspects, for which he/she is cognizant, are completed in accordance with approved plans and specifications along with approved methods and procedures. Employee receives assignments from and reports to the Senior Inspector who, based upon daily contacts, observations and records, evaluates employee’s performance as to effectiveness and completeness of preparation for daily duties and success in achieving contractor’s compliance with contract technical, workmanship and safety provisions of the contract.
This position will be based out of our Washington, DC, Fairfax, VA or Baltimore office.
- High School Diploma and Technical School Certificate
- Must possess OSHA 10-hour or OSHA 30-hour certification or the ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Perform daily field inspections of mechanical, electrical and plumbing items related to the construction of exterior mechanical rooms and other facilities.Develop daily field inspection reports and document all MEP inspection work related items.
- Perform all work as instructed by the on-site construction manager.
- Able to read construction documents including approved drawings, specifications and all other documents related to the project.
- Able to communicate effectively with on-site construction managers and provide detailed and accurate reporting of daily inspection task.
- Inspect work performed by general contractor and subcontractors to verify that work is performed in accordance with contract plans and specifications, approved shop drawings and approved work plans.
- Prepare written and electronic daily field reports and maintain quality assurance logs detailing work performed, any deviation from plans, unforeseen conditions, and any non-conforming work.
- Monitor correction of non-conforming work by the general contractor.
- Assist Office Staff with project controls ie: pay request, submittals, RFI’s, O&M’s
- Assist Office Staff with project close out
- Assist Office Staff with Warranty period ie: identify warranty items, sending warranty notification, documenting warranties, Closing warranty once work is complete
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS