Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Our Fairfax, VA or Virginia Beach, VA office has an excellent career opportunity for a Junior Civil Engineer in our Water Business Line for projects located throughout Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and District of Columbia. We offer a full range of planning, design, permitting, construction management, operations, regulatory compliance and utility management services for water and wastewater utilities and municipalities.
Successful candidates will use their technical abilities to assist Project Managers and Project Engineers with services to Municipal and Private Clients that meet their engineering needs, while working in a dynamic team setting.
- Participate in the planning, design and construction administration of water, wastewater and municipal infrastructure facilities/projects
- Conduct site visits, surveys and inspections, and assist with data collection, compilation and assessment for utility infrastructure projects
- Prepare reports
- Develop design plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Analyze processes based on drawings and specifications, and perform calculations
- Review and prepare federal, state, and local permit applications
- Perform construction observation and field engineering services
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- 0-3 years’ experience preferably in a consulting environment
- FE in the Commonwealth of Virginia is required. Candidate should be on a track to receive their PE
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to conduct effective client presentations and written report preparation
- Experience working with Municipalities in VA is a plus
- Progressive experience in planning, design, permitting and construction administration of infrastructure improvements
- Physically able to perform work in the field
- Construction observation experience is a plus
- Team player possessing strong planning and organizational skills
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and/or Microstation, and/or 3D platform (i.e. Revit, Civil 3D), Microsoft Office Suite and use of standard engineering software
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS