Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Our Transportation Practice is currently seeking a Highway Design Lead to expand Gannett Fleming’s presence in the Greater Toronto area. At a high level, key responsibilities will include reinforcing and continuing to establish strategic market position/service offerings for the group to align with client needs and Gannett Fleming strategic initiatives. Serving as a Project Manager, Task Manager and/or Technical Advisor on project pursuits, project delivery and leading the road & highway team.
Successful candidates will be driven, resourceful and motivated to collaborate in a team environment focused on project delivery, client development and taking on a leadership role within the transportation business line regionally.
• Lead the Highway Team, its operation and performance
• Manage highway and roadway related projects, including schedule, deliverables and financial performance, approve expenditures and coordinate consulting services agreements
• Prepare & review designs and contract specifications for a wide variety of transportation projects
• Supervise staff and participate directly in the completion of projects
• Lead and direct business development activities including preparation of proposals and statement of qualifications
• Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare permit documents and construction bid packages
• Establish working relationships and contact with client technical staff and project managers
• Provide engineering design services for traditional design-bid-build projects and design-build road and highway projects
• Mentor and assist junior engineers in developing their skills and project deliverables
• Coordinate design activities and meetings between design staff, subconsultants, and client managers
• Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling performance
• Identify schedule and cost variances and develop and implement recommendations for corrective action
• Participate in projects by completing tasks within schedule and budget with teams comprised of different disciplines
• 15 years of Transportation Engineering experience in the consulting services industry including roles with management and business development responsibilities
• Completed MTO design projects/contracts as the Project Manager or Deputy Project Manager (preferred)
• Completed Municipal design projects/contracts as the Project Manager or Deputy Project Manager (preferred)
• Undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university
• P.Eng. (Eligible for Membership with the PEO)
• Able to work independently as well as in groups with a demonstrated ability to manage projects, project teams, and clients
• Experience with all aspects of urban and rural highway and freeway design (e.g. alignments, geometrics, staging, utilities, roadside safety, CPS, Q-Sheets, documents, constructability)
• Ability to lead and mentor other engineers / technicians
• Able to multi-task and meet various project deadlines
• Familiarity with Ontario’s regulatory environment and experience with approval process
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS