What You Will Do
Gannet Fleming is looking for a Highway Traffic Noise Engineer/Analyst to contribute to a wide range of projects involving a variety of environmental licensing, permitting and compliance to join our Noise, Vibration and Air Quality Group in the Mid-Atlantic region. We are looking to hire in Raleigh, NC.
The successful candidate will assist with highway and rail transportation noise, environmental noise and industrial noise projects. The successful candidate will participate in sound level measurement programs, data collection, data analysis and report preparation.
- Performing preliminary and final design traffic noise analysis
- Responsible for completing development tasks as assigned by the project lead
- Working as part of a team to develop quality and robust solutions
- Perform a variety of data analysis/processing functions, including analytical data quality reviews, data extraction/loading/transformation, and data organization and cleanup.
- Assists design team in creating plans from concept through final construction drawings
- Creates base drawings using survey information and CAD program(s)
- Conduct noise measurement field work as part of the team
- Develops project and presentation graphics
- Minimum BS or BA degrees in Computer Science or Engineering or related fields
- 6-8 years of Highway traffic noise analysis experience
- NCDOT traffic noise analysis experience required
- Knowledgeable in traffic noise analysis, as it pertains to roadway planning projects
- Understanding of NCDOT and other DOT guidelines / procedures / policies
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) experience is desirable
- TNM2.5 Training Certification
- National Highway Institute Noise Training Course Certification
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- A passion for working with teammates and customers to solve problems
- Dynamic, personable and self-motivated personality with the ability to work as part of a distributed team as well as independently on assigned tasks
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS