Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
We are looking for a Traffic Operations Supervisor ($26.00/hr.) to join our team in New York. As a Traffic Operations Supervisor, you will be the central contact for communications with external agencies and assist the Traffic Ops Center Manager with coordination efforts. Additional responsibilities include:
- Be the central contact for communications with external agencies including voice, mail, fax, Internet and other electronic means during their shift.
- Assist with, as directed by the TRAFFIC OPS CENTER Manager and coordinate information flow within the Operations control room and facilitate response to disasters and high profile special events affecting
- Provide quality assurances on the day-to-day handling of all events in the operations control
- Facilitate the information exchange between the TRAFFIC OPS CENTER Operators and with all law enforcement dispatch personnel, ensuring that all TRAFFIC OPS CENTER Operators are aware of relevant information pertaining to their respective
- Assist TRAFFIC OPS CENTER Operators with the ongoing workload.
- Monitor and report any internal and external system irregularities: Graphical User Interface (GUI), CCTV, Website, Vehicle Detection System (VDS), DMS, Monitors or Video Switch and other related equipment
- Provide general information and coordinate with a PIO, as requested by the client, to provide media with non-confidential
- Respond to inquiries from public transit agencies as well as city and county traffic engineering
- Receive and process information on related roadwork, major accidents, , that could affect TRAFFIC OPS CENTER operations from outside sources.
- Receive and process information on special events and convey information on response details.
- Generate data and prepare monthly reports, telephone logs, operator performance, incident reports and any other reports that are requested by the TRAFFIC OPS CENTER Manager.
- Schedule of all breaks for operations control room staff to ensure that there is sufficient staffing in the operations control room at all times.
- Ensure the performance of daily maintenance checks of the system and all field devices as required.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the inventory database for all equipment residing within the TRAFFIC OPS CENTER.
- Assist in the training of the TRAFFIC OPS CENTER Operators and certification process.
- Coordinate field devices repair and maintenance activities with the Maintenance
- Ensure that all equipment outages are reported via a trouble-ticket system.
- Ensure all data generated and disseminated by the operations control room is concise and timely, including message sign messaging, website messaging and any other communication from operations control room .
- Ensure that all high priority alert messages are properly formatted and reviewed for accuracy and correctness before distribution internally and externally
- Open trouble-ticket in case of device failure or operational issues and notify Maintenance
- Perform all other tasks assigned by the TRAFFIC OPS CENTER Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in a public safety, emergency management or transportation dispatch environment
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Traffic Control Room Operator. Experience as an Operator in a facility similar to the TRAFFIC OPS CENTER may suffice to meet this requirement, in part or total.
- Prior knowledge of traffic management software and related systems
- Knowledge of ITS
- Skills in leadership, interpersonal relationships and ability to work well within a team environment
- Knowledge of general supervisory and management
- Ability to clearly communicate information over a radio system
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information in non-technical language verbally and in writing
- Ability and willingness to work alternate work schedules and be “on-call” 24 hours/day.
- Skills in the use of roadway management and traffic management applications are preferred.
- Ability to write reports
- Ability to coordinate real time activities
- Be responsible for all operations control room activities during their shift, unless relieved by higher ranking personnel.
- Must pass an employment background check, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Management, Engineering or like.
- Education can be substituted with a minimum of five years of transportation management center operations experience
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS