The management of construction projects is increasingly complex as budgets shrink and infrastructure needs grow. Gannett Fleming’s nationally recognized team of construction and program managers and inspectors provide project delivery services that set industry benchmarks for quality, value, schedule, and cost in all phases of construction. Our success is reflected in our record of low-change order costs as well as a high percentage of repeat business, proven with full in-house capabilities of a multidiscipline
architectural and engineering firm.
What You Will Do
These are exciting times at Gannet Fleming! Our Construction Management team is looking for a number of positions including an to join our team. Consider joining our team and contributing to our on-going success while setting the pace of your career
APM report to Project/Program Managers and provides the administration and coordination of activities for the design and construction of projects activities involved in all phases of assigned construction projects, from their initial conception through completion.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures the quality and high standards of performance and compliance in both design and construction by all consultants, vendors, et al. Makes decisions and takes action in a timely manner to expedite the timely completion of the construction process. Corrects mistakes and errors in design and construction before they can be extensively incorporated into the project or as early in the construction process as possible. Responsibilities are varied and include coordinative, problem solving, and managerial functions for these projects. Other responsibilities include:
- Makes decisions on phasing and scheduling of projects. Prepares and/or ensures preparation of schedules for planning, design and construction. Monitors schedules and takes appropriate actions to ensure that project is completed on schedule and within approved cost limitations
- Provides ongoing interface with contractors, construction managers, local school personnel and the client on project issues
- Participates in the development and issuance of project procedures and policies; reviews and makes recommendations on procedures and policies
- Resolves issues and problems raised in field reports made by architects and construction management staff
- Works with architect/engineer of record regarding change orders, interpretation of contract documents, shop drawing submittals/approvals and other technical matters as required to ensure a structurally sound, code compliant and aesthetic facility
- Issues field memoranda or directives to contractors to enforce contract compliance. Advises senior management regarding the necessity for the assessment of liquidated damages and other contractual enforcement mechanisms, including default
- Uses independent judgement to make on-site decisions and has the authority to negotiate with contractors
- Reviews contractors’ claims or disputed work and advises senior management as to appropriate action. Compiles contract and project documentation necessary for adjudicating or denying such claims
- Visits various job sites as required in the performance of the above duties
- Performs other related tasks
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, architecture or construction related field; and
- Eight (8) years of full time experience as a technical specialist in one or more construction and design related fields; four (4) years must involve managing all phases of construction work on multiple contracts; or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Shall have oral and written communication that is clear and concise.
- Understanding of contract documents such as specifications and drawings.
- The ability to address issues as they arise and solve problems.
- Must be organized and able to manage logistics of multiple projects concurrently.
- Shall have experience in new, rehab and modernization construction projects
- A drivers license valid in New York State
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS