The management of construction projects is increasingly complex as budgets shrink and infrastructure needs grow. Gannett Fleming’s nationally recognized team of construction and program managers and inspectors provide project delivery services that set industry benchmarks for quality, value, schedule, and cost in all phases of construction. Our success is reflected in our record of low-change order costs as well as a high percentage of repeat business, proven with full in-house capabilities of a multidiscipline
architectural and engineering firm.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is seeking a Construction Manager for Transit Facilities to join us in Baltimore location. This position is highly responsible, managerial, and supervisory to support construction of transit platform facilities. This position requires an effective team leader who can mentor project team members and foster a working environment where culturally diverse project staff can work together cooperatively to deliver the project on-time and on-budget. The CM will be responsible to manage all aspects of the contractors work and will be responsible for administering the construction contract.
- Coordinate the work of the general contractor and their subs, and shall be responsible for ensuring all project deliverables are in conformance with the technical specifications and contract
- Communicate to the contractor construction techniques and changes where necessary to enhance job safety as directed by client’s safety department
- Lead weekly construction progress meetings, readiness review meetings, third party coordination meetings, design coordination meetings and other construction meetings. Publish meeting minutes
- Recommend, if appropriate, construction techniques to expedite the program
- Provide technical analysis, cost analysis support, and review of all requests for changes submitted by the construction contractor. Manage the activities associated with the changes to the construction contractor’s work (Request for change, change notices, change orders, contract modifications, etc.)
- Preparation and distribution of correspondence, memoranda, action lists and related material for the construction work
- Review, analyze, and provide comments on CPM schedules
- Ensuring compliance with the contractors’ and client’s quality programs.
- Coordinate, manage and report on the construction project budget, schedule, risks, risk mitigation strategies
- Conduct all project meetings (weekly meetings anticipated) with contractors, and client at client’s offices, at their discretion, to manage the program.
- Manage the document control process and work flows including submittals and RFIs
Minimum Qualifications –
Qualified individual must meet the following conditions:
- Must have a minimum of 20 years demonstrable experience managing construction projects
- Must have 10 years’ experience in transit or rail facility construction projects.
- Experience with track and rail systems and platform facilities is preferred
- Must possess or be able to obtain PE, PMP, or CCM certification
- Must have proven ability to manage complex budgets and schedules
- Must have knowledge of working in a government environment
- Must be able to pass a government background check
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to work weekends, nights, and overtime
- May be required to travel out-of-state to conduct manufacturer inspections of facilities, and witness any factory acceptance testing as required by the PM.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS