The management of construction projects is increasingly complex as budgets shrink and infrastructure needs grow. Gannett Fleming’s nationally recognized team of construction and program managers and inspectors provide project delivery services that set industry benchmarks for quality, value, schedule, and cost in all phases of construction. Our success is reflected in our record of low-change order costs as well as a high percentage of repeat business, proven with full in-house capabilities of a multidiscipline
architectural and engineering firm.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is looking for experienced Construction Managers in Southern California to orchestrate and supervise commercial construction projects from the sale of the project through final construction within the agreed upon schedule and budget. They work closely with owners, clients, vendors, subcontractors, etc. The successful candidate will have strong leadership and problem-solving skills in order to lead the process so that budgeted dollars and time frames are met while maintaining the highest standards of excellence in terms of quality.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Prepare the project plan, sequence and schedule with collaboration of field personnel.
- Prepare and issues project documents including progress reports, project schedule updates, and financial/budget updates.
- Initiate periodic meetings and other forms of communication with project team members and customer, to acquaint them with unresolved problems and to provide an adequate degree of coordination.
- You will monitor project progress for adherence to schedule and man hour expenditures versus percent complete.
- Re-plan and make corrections/adjustments to maintain schedule; identifies cause, advises customer and negotiates changes in fee.
- Monitor project scope for changes affecting budget and schedule; identifies cause, advises customer and negotiates changes in fee.
- Keep customer informed of progress on the project and of any technical problems/solutions and their effect on design and costs.
- Identify solution to any problem which might impede progress of the project or adversely affect customer relations. This includes soliciting the help and personal involvement of management in the solution of unusual technical problems encountered in the progress of work.
- Coordinate with estimating department staff on the development of costs and time schedules. Also, assembles estimates including soliciting subcontractor quotations.
- Review with the estimating department staff all plans, specifications, and reports relative to the project.
- High School Diploma required; B.S. degree in Construction Management, Engineering or other related discipline preferred
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive experience in commercial construction management in Single Family Residence (SFR), Master Planned Communities, Industrial and/or Hospitality
- Experience in construction project management with contract values of $5 million and up.
- Experience in multiple disciplines including, project management, estimating, preconstruction services, and construction management.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS