The management of construction projects is increasingly complex as budgets shrink and infrastructure needs grow. Gannett Fleming’s nationally recognized team of construction and program managers and inspectors provide project delivery services that set industry benchmarks for quality, value, schedule, and cost in all phases of construction. Our success is reflected in our record of low-change order costs as well as a high percentage of repeat business, proven with full in-house capabilities of a multidiscipline
architectural and engineering firm.
What You Will Do
Our New York, NY office is seeking highly-motivated Elevator / Escalator Construction Inspectors for upcoming projects of various types and sizes.
- Witness safety tests on traction elevators and escalators.
- Perform spot-checks and audits on elevator and escalator devices.
- Write daily field reports and provide daily photography of work activities and installation methods.
- Catalog and file field documentation appropriately.
- Coordinate schedule and construction activities with 3rd Party Inspectors, Contractors, and Owner staff.
- Confirm installed materials are per approved submittals, project specifications, and manufacturer’s requirements.
- Full time Field Quality Verification, Safety Inspections, etc.
- Coordinate closely with Project Manager / Resident Engineer regarding construction activities, job progress, quality verification, and field oversight.
- Provide updates and report to Project Manager / Resident Engineer on a daily basis with regard to project status.
- Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering degree.
- 5 years experience in elevator / escalator construction (traction elevators) projects to include train stations, educational facilities and/or residential projects.
- QEI Certification required
- Experience with Elevator Commissioning highly desired.
- Effective communicator who is able to maintain and foster positive relationships with the public entities, architects, government agencies, inspection departments, utility owners, and company employees.
- Understanding of cost control and schedule management.
- Resourcefulness, imagination and a passion for challenges.
- Proactive approach towards management.
- High level of fairness, honesty and integrity.
- Strong written communication and oral skills.
- Experience with the NYC Housing Authority (NYCHA), NYC Transit (NYCT), NYC School Construction Authority (NYCSCA) and NYC Department of Design and Construction (NYCDDC) is preferred.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS