What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming provides building-focused architectural and engineering services to a variety of commercial, industrial, and institutional clients. We provide analysis, evaluation, plans, and design for facility projects that involve rehabilitation, expansion, new construction, and process change. We provide services in Mechanical/HVAC, electrical/lighting, structural, security, data and voice communications, energy management, audio visual, civil/utility, site development, and architectural disciplines. Our projects are heavily focused on sustainability and energy efficiency including LEED® and other green building certifications.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer in our New York City, New York Office.
The candidate will be responsible for design and production of documents with the assistance of cad techs; heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems; boiler and chiller plants; plumbing systems; fluid distribution systems; fire protection systems; and process mechanical systems. Experience required includes systems design and applications, economic evaluations, life-cycle cost analyses, energy conservation, equipment selection, specifications bidding documents, construction administration, and commissioning of systems. Work also involves field surveys of mechanical, plumbing and fire protection systems, testing of existing systems, and energy studies. Projects involve public works, industrial, military, mass transit, healthcare, educational, and commercial facilities. This is an opportunity to join a growing firm, office and group with excellent benefits, compensation and education opportunities.
- Survey and studies of building mechanical equipment and systems
- Design of HVAC systems, building automation, systems, plumbing systems and fire suppression systems
- Preparation of design calculations
- Progress and other report writing
- Project specification writing
- Proactive problem identification and resolution
- Coordination and verification of project deliverables
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a consulting mechanical engineering firm with a thorough understanding of mechanical building codes and construction standards
- EIT preferred. PE not necessary, but eventual growth toward obtaining is recommended
- LEED AP or GA preferred
- Strong understanding of DDC controls and controls design and operation
- Knowledge of Engineering programs for ASHRAE based calculations such as Trane Trace
- Revit; AutoCAD required. Microstation is highly desired,
- Experience with K-12, Higher Education and water/wastewater facilities preferred
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills are required
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS