What You Will Do
We are looking for an experienced End User Services Technician to join our Fairfax, VA office. Join our team!
As an End User Services Technician, you will perform a wide range of operations and administrative staff software, hardware, and services support under the direction of a Senior End User Services Technician or an End User Services Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- Service and support of operations to meet corporate service levels within established guidelines
- Conform to Gannett Fleming, Inc. ISO based standards of IT Service Management.
- Participate in desktop support projects
- Application installation, configuration and support
- Configuration and maintenance of end user workstations, software, hardware and licenses
- System administration (front end) for desktop applications
- End user support for office productivity software and support of process improvement
- Support area will consist of the Fairfax Office and the Washington, DC Office, with support of other local Regional Offices when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years working in a similar capacity in a small to medium team of IT Service Desk / Help Desk professionals.
- Expertise with Windows 7/8/10 operating systems – proficient at installing, configuring and troubleshooting/solving Windows 7/8/10 OS issues.
- Previous configuration and implementation expertise with the Microsoft Office 2013/2016 and Office 365 suite of products including Microsoft Outlook.
- Solid understanding of PCs, printers, multifunctioning computing devices, hardware maintenance and repair.
- Identification, research, resolution of technical problems and support provided to end-users on a variety of technical application, system and OS issues.
- Prior experience using a help desk ticketing system.
- Ability to document, track and monitor a problem/issue to a timely resolution.
- Experience supporting networking devices including CISCO VPN and remote access
- Expertise of smartphone and tablet devices including, but not limited to iPhones, iPads and Android-based devices
- Routinely lift 50 pounds or more from the floor, access constricted IT infrastructure working spaces, crawl under/between desks for configuring and supporting workstations.
- Overnight travel to supported offices required, additional travel to other Gannett Fleming offices may be required.
- Valid driver’s license
This is a customer facing role that lays emphasis on:
- Ability to work unsupervised to complete daily IT tasks
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete in a timely basis
- Communication Skills – Ability to communicate clearly and frequently with the immediate team, management and executives
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team-work – ability to assist team members on various issues and be a team player
- Self-motivated problem solver, intelligent, ambitious, team-oriented player.
- Excellent organization skills, interpersonal skills, diagnostic and problem-solving abilities
- Energetic, able to clearly communicate ideas and willing to be “on-call” when neighboring Computer Support Specialists are unavailable.
- Experience with the CAD Design Software (AutoCAD, MicroStation)
- Experience with VoIP and voice mail support
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS