Today’s communities require reliable transportation systems that locally and globally connect people, goods, and places. Gannett Fleming propels communities forward with industry-leading transportation solutions that improve mobility and minimize impacts to the environment. ENR consistently ranks Gannett Fleming as a top 25 firm in transportation, mass transit and rail, highways, and bridges. We focus on smart design strategies, sustainability, innovation that maximizes efficiency, and community partnerships.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is recognized as a national leader in transportation, providing a comprehensive range of services for major transportation systems and facilities – from planning, engineering, and design through construction management. The firm is consistently ranked among the country’s top engineering firms by Engineering News-Record. Furthermore, its highway and bridge projects are recognized time and again with both regional and national awards. Its key services include highway, bridge, traffic, transportation systems operations and ITS, incident/emergency management, toll facility, and tunnel design, as well as Design-Build delivery.
Our Transportation Practice is currently seeking a Roadway Engineer to work in the Raleigh office of Gannett Fleming. This is an exciting time to join our team!
Successful candidates will be a motivated self-starter individual that aspires to work in a team environment and to ultimately grow and mature into a future leadership role in project management.
- Perform engineering design tasks for roadway projects from preliminary to final design
- Develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages
- Established working relationships and contact with client technical staff and project managers especially in NCDOT, local governments, and private clients
- Provide engineering design services for traditional design-bid-build projects and design-build highway projects
- Collaborate with transportation staff to develop transportation projects including but not limited to roadway, bridge, rail, transportation planning, traffic control, signing, pavement marking, knowledge of hydraulic design, and preliminary design for environmental documents.
- Participate in project by completing tasks within schedule and budget with teams comprised of different disciplines
- Actively participate and serve in leadership position in transportation related organizations such as ASHE, ASCE, DBIA, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required
- Professional Engineering (PE) License registered in North Carolina or the ability to obtain within 6 months is required
- 4-8 years’ progressive engineering experience possessing a broad knowledge and experience in transportation/design and strong technical skills in roadway design is required
- Experience working on NCDOT projects is required
- Full and in-depth familiarity with MicroStation and Geopak design software is required
- Experience with Corridor Modeler is desirable
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS