Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming is looking for a Substation Engineer (Electrical Engineer) to join our dynamic and growing team to support utility and power substation efforts within the Global Power Business Line in our Chicago, IL office.
The growth and diversification of the Power Business Line is a top initiative, on both a regional and national scale. The successful candidate will have a minimum 20 years’ experience on various substation projects from 69kV up to 500kV, in addition build effective relationships with clients and stakeholders in the Power & Utility industry to help grow Gannett Fleming’s market share.
• Develop Substation layout drawings including, plan and elevations, yard layouts, grounding, grounding details, raceway, raceway details, control building layouts, cable lists, and material lists on new and existing substations.
• Develop Substation one lines, three lines, Aux AC Power Systems, DC Power Systems, DC Schematics, SCADA and Communications Systems, Relay Panel Layouts, Equipment Wiring, and Cable Schedules for new and existing substations.
• Prepare calculations and reports presenting the calculations to clients.
• Prepare equipment specifications, for substation equipment, components, and construction.
• Be responsible for managing the technical, financial, and scheduling aspects of substation projects.
• Accountable for project financial performance, quality standard, project deliverables.
• Collaborate internally to pursue power substation projects regionally and nationally with the objective of increasing Gannett Fleming presence in the power delivery business
• Build, maintain and manage the necessary skills, resources and expertise to develop and deliver strategic services, partnerships, programs and projects.
• Develop and nurture client relationships and network to uncover teaming arrangements
• Assume an active role in the preparation of proposals bids, reports and presentations
electrical engineering, Power systems, High Voltage, substation, substation design, electrical design, Electrical power, power engineering, power distribution, power generation, transformer, generators
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Advanced Degree strongly preferred.
- Professional Engineer License
- Minimum of 20+ years progressive experience in design, engineering and project management within power and utility industry.
- Solid knowledge of the consulting engineering profession.
- Demonstrated ability with project management software and tools (Microsoft Project or similar) for scope, schedule and budget management.
- Design experience in high voltage substation, and distribution projects.
- Experience in the creation of quality technical solutions and the design delivery of major power delivery projects.
- Commitment to driving strong business performance, continuous improvement, and best practices.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS