Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming supports heavy construction projects that require unique problem solving, design of specialized equipment, and development of complex phasing. We also provide our traditional design services for buildings, transit stations and facilities, industrial facilities, tunnels, water/wastewater facilities, and dam structures. Our structural engineers deliver value through innovative solutions and quality designs, utilizing building information modeling for collaboration through design and construction. Our structural staff is also experienced with current standards in anti-terrorism force protection, blast design, and progressive collapse.
We are currently seeking a creative, highly talented Structural Engineer in our Phoenix, AZ office. Join our Journey!
Successful candidate will have demonstrated professional experience in structural engineering, specific to building design. Projects include participation in a wide variety of transit and industrial building structures.
Other responsibilities include:
- Perform and check building design and analysis computations
- Prepare construction plans for buildings and other transportation-related structures
- Develop contract documents such as plans and specifications
- Review construction documents such as shop drawings or contractor requests
- Perform structural observations
- Provide technical guidance to entry level engineers
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in structural design is required
- 3-7 years of experience working as a structural design engineer on building projects
- Experience with design and plan development
- Experience in building design for projects located in high seismic regions
- Proficient with RISA, ADAPT, and TEDDS
- Experience with AutoCAD and REVIT
- Detail-oriented with strong skills in steel and concrete design, and higher-order structural analysis of building structures
- Diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas related to structural design
- Diversified knowledge of technology, materials, equipment, design concepts and construction techniques
- P.E. license preferred
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS