What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s Office in Los Angeles, CA is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team!
The Facilities Business Line provides building-focused engineering services to a variety of commercial, municipal, industrial, water/wastewater, and institutional clients. We provide analysis, evaluation, plans, and design for facility projects that involve remodel, expansion, new construction, and process change. We provide design services in mechanical/HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, electrical/lighting, structural, security, data and voice communications, energy management, audio visual, civil/utility, site development, and architectural disciplines.
Your day to day responsibilities will include the Design of HVAC Systems, Construction Administration, Constructability Analysis and Managing Clients.
- Performing site survey of existing system conditions for interface of new designs with existing HVAC and control systems.
- Design of mechanical systems including: air side and water side design, central plant, variable air volume and constant air volume systems, small and large HVAC systems, VRF systems, UFAD, and dehumidification systems.
- Lead and participate in meetings clients, state agencies, city agencies, utility service representatives and project teams.
- Deliver projects in compliance with client and company quality control procedures and engineering guidelines.
- Participate on project teams in an active production role.
- Preparation of project specifications.
- Preparation of mechanical cost estimates
- Daily interaction and collaboration on cross-functional teams across multiple disciplines.
- Coordination and verification of as-built drawings.
- Perform quality work that promotes client retention and compliments ISO 9001 procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering HVAC Systems
- 6 years or more experience in designing HVAC Systems with a minimum of 6 or 7 completed projects listed on your resume.
- Licensed Mechanical Professional Engineer in CA.
- A thorough understanding of mechanical building codes and construction standards.
- Strong understanding of building and system HVAC controls and sequences.
- Computer proficiency in applications within MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Knowledge of Autocad, BIM, and Energy Modeling.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills required.
- Strong REVIT MEP experience a solid plus.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS