Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming’s Facilities Division is seeking a Mid Level Electrical Engineer to work in our Los Angeles, CA office. Join our Journey!
The Facilities Business Line provides building-focused engineering services to a variety of commercial, municipal, industrial, water/wastewater, and institutional clients. We provide analysis, evaluation, plans, and design for facility projects that involve remodel, expansion, new construction, and process change. We provide design services in mechanical/HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, electrical/lighting, structural, security, data and voice communications, energy management, audio visual, civil/utility, site development, and architectural disciplines.
Your day to day responsibilities will include leading the preparation of electrical design documents, system calculations, lighting and power design, specifications and performance based specifications writing, construction administration for electrical design, coordination with other trades for electrical power distribution and related systems.
- Performing site survey of existing system conditions for interface of new designs with existing electrical and control systems.
- Design of electrical systems including: power distribution, standby/emergency generation, interior/exterior lighting for buildings, local area IT networks, access control, security and fire alarm systems
- Construction assistance including; electrical shop drawing review, contractor relations, and site surveys
- Lead and participate in meetings clients, state agencies, city agencies, utility service representatives and project teams.
- Deliver projects in compliance with client and company quality control procedures and engineering guidelines
- Participate on project teams in an active production role
- Preparation of project specifications
- Preparation of electrical cost estimates
- Daily interaction and collaboration on cross-functional teams across multiple disciplines
- Coordination and verification of as-built drawings
- Perform quality work that promotes client retention and compliments ISO 9001 procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years or more experience in designing power and lighting for buildings.
- PE in state of California.
- Experience working on design, as an EOR or main designer, for commercial buildings including air ports, offices, hospitals, medical office buildings, schools, universities, warehouses and maintenance buildings.
- Proficient with photometrics calculations using latest software, EnergyPro for Title 24 compliance and all current electrical code requirements including NEC and California codes.
- Experience with new service coordination, design of electrical rooms, controls, lighting design and power distribution. Low voltage and IT design is a plus.
- Familiarity with OSHPD, LADWP, LADBS, DSA, SCE and other public entities for plan check or having influence on project design and construction.
- Proven Track Record for Development of construction documents from inception to completion.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word or other compatible software.
- Comfort with communicating directly with Clients and coworkers.
- Team Player mentality.
- Past success in leading project design and managing project milestones.
- Management skills to include managing multiple people and multiple projects at once.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS