What You Will Do
Career opportunity is waiting for an experienced Corporate Insurance Manager to cost-effectively direct the purchase and management of all lines of insurance and surety (except for employee health benefits). Reporting to the General Counsel, the Corporate Insurance Manager’s major duties and responsibilities also include supporting the Legal Department contracts staff with review of contracts and client insurance requirements; advising on risk management process and other loss control efforts; and claims management. The ideal candidate would have insurance program management experience in a professional services organization (engineering or architectural firm).
This position offers the flexibility to be located in one of our East Coast offices to include Philadelphia, Valley Forge or Camp Hill PA, Piscataway or Marlton NJ and Baltmore MD
Areas of Responsibilities:
• Manage relationships with third party services providers including brokers, insurers, group captive and third-party administrators.
• Gather underwriting information and prepare applications to procure commercial insurance required for the company’s operations in the United States, Canada and other countries
• Work directly with in-house project managers and third parties on project specific placements (professional liability and railroad protectives)
• Address insurance and risk management issues specific to unique projects
• Oversee Certificate of Insurance process
• Manage and facilitate the surety bonding process
• Manage claims administration for workers’ compensation, liability and property claims
• Assist General Counsel and Corporate Counsels in management of professional liability claims
• Advise on insurance and risk issues associated with subcontractor agreements (including contract formation, compliance with insurance requirements)
• Interface with Corporate Risk Officer to assist with risk evaluations as needed.
• Facilitate and coordinate loss control services offered by broker and insurer with internal health and safety staff
• Participate in contracts review and negotiation process as required to achieve corporate risk management objectives
• Facilitate the development, maintenance and update of a variety of contract templates
• Develop and implement training for project management staff
- Bachelor’s Degree required and a minimum of five (5) years of insurance or claims experience
- Experience in insurance program management and risk management required
- Working knowledge of Engineering/Construction industry contracting practices, contract management, research skills and basic knowledge of legal concepts related to contracts, organizational structure and planning required
- Direct experience working for a professional services organization is strongly preferred
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract and insurance documents and forms and make recommendations
- Demonstrate client-centric mentality, strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with individuals at all levels both internally and externally
- Professional designation such as CRIS, CPCU or ARM is preferred
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS