The management of construction projects is increasingly complex as budgets shrink and infrastructure needs grow. Gannett Fleming’s nationally recognized team of construction and program managers and inspectors provide project delivery services that set industry benchmarks for quality, value, schedule, and cost in all phases of construction. Our success is reflected in our record of low-change order costs as well as a high percentage of repeat business, proven with full in-house capabilities of a multidiscipline
architectural and engineering firm.
What You Will Do
Our New York, NY office is seeking highly-motivated Construction Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent for upcoming projects of various types and sizes dealing with all facets of interior work including but not limited to: HVAC, bathrooms, plumbing, electric, drywall, flooring, etc. Former experience working for a general contractor helpful.
- Write daily field reports and provide daily photography of work activities and installation methods.
- Catalog and file field documentation appropriately.
- Coordinate schedule and construction activities with 3rd Party Inspectors, Contractors, and Owner staff.
- Confirm installed materials are per approved submittals, project specifications, and manufacturer’s requirements.
- Full time Field Quality Verification, Safety Inspections, etc.
- Coordinate closely with Project Manager regarding construction activities, job progress, quality verification, and field oversight.
- Provide updates and report to Project Manager on a daily basis with regard to project status.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture or in a construction related field from an accredited college preferred plus 6 years experience in vertical construction projects to include educational facilities and/or housing authority projects.
- If no degree, must have 8 years of experience in vertical construction projects to include educational facilities and/or housing authority projects.
- Knowledge of PMS (project management software) a must
- Shall be capable of providing clear, concise written and oral communication.
- Effective communicator who is able to maintain and foster positive relationships with the public entities, architects, government agencies, inspections departments, utility owners, and company employees
- Understanding of cost control and schedule management
- Resourcefulness, imagination and a passion for challenges
- High level of fairness, honesty and integrity
- Experience with the public sector and educational facilities preferred
- 30-hour OSHA certification is required
- Must be able to use technology such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook as well as Adobe PDF Reader/Editor.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS