Today’s communities require reliable transportation systems that locally and globally connect people, goods, and places. Gannett Fleming propels communities forward with industry-leading transportation solutions that improve mobility and minimize impacts to the environment. ENR consistently ranks Gannett Fleming as a top 25 firm in transportation, mass transit and rail, highways, and bridges. We focus on smart design strategies, sustainability, innovation that maximizes efficiency, and community partnerships.
What You Will Do
Our Rocky Hill, CT office is currently looking for a highly-motivated Traffic Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate should have 2-5 years of related experience along with a BSCE, who is highly proactive, has excellent technical writing skills, and has familiarity with traffic analysis and simulation programs. Prior experience as a CADD designer or Project Engineer on Transportation projects highly desired. This position also requires technical design background in at least one of the following areas: highway design, traffic engineering, as well as familiarity with ConnDOT, NJTA, AASHTO and MUTCD standards. Experience using CADD/Design Software (MicroStation and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D) required!
- Perform operational analyses and simulations of transportation systems using software packages such as VISSIM, Synchro/SimTraffic, Highway Capacity Software (HCS), CORSIM and SIDRA.
- Prepare summaries of operational analyses, including documentation of inputs, processes, and outputs and measures of effectiveness.
- Assist in data collection and field investigation efforts for transportation studies; including performing traffic counts, travel time runs, and inventories of roadway elements.
- Utilize the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices and other transportation standards, manuals and requirements of Connecticut to perform signal warrant studies and assist in the development of maintenance of traffic plans for highway construction and utility projects.
- Assist in the development of traffic and transit travel demand forecasts using travel demand models and the Institute of Transportation Engineers’ Trip Generation Manual.
- Assist in the evaluation and summarization of operational and forecast data for use in transportation studies.
- Assist in traffic signal and roadway geometric evaluations and design.
- Function as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Perform engineering design tasks for roadway/traffic projects from preliminary to final design under direction and supervision by a Professional Engineer
- Assist in the development and review of construction documents to include plans, specifications, and quantity estimates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required
- 2-5 years of experience working in Traffic or Highway/Roadway design. Design experience should include familiarity with roadway, and traffic elements, with the ability to assist in the development of construction documents
- Working knowledge of VISSIM, HCS and Synchro/SimTraffic software required.
- Hands-on traffic analysis, traffic engineering and travel forecasting is required
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to interface with all levels of personnel and management.
- Understanding of procedures and data in the MUTCD and ITE Trip Generation Manual is preferred.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred
- Local candidates preferred
- Experience working with Connecticut Department of Transportation (ConnDOT) preferred
- Experience with MicroStation, GeoPak, AutoCAD, ProjectWise and Microsoft Office
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS