Gannett Fleming has served as an engineering consulting partner in global infrastructure for more than 100 years. We improve communities through transportation, water, power, earth science, geospatial, and facility-related projects. With a steadfast commitment to innovation and technical excellence, our team is ready to do the work to provide meaningful and lasting change. Together, we are moving society forward— looking beyond conventional answers to ensure a better future for all.
What You Will Do
Our Valley Forge, PA office is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant! Come join our team today!
Basic function and scope of responsibilities
Provide general office and administrative support for the Office Principal, Office Administrator, and other staff within the office. Maintains a welcoming, safe and tidy reception area for clients, visitors and staff, if no receptionist is located in the office/area.
Principal Responsibilities and essential functions
Provides administrative assistance to the Regional/Global Business Line Administrative Manager, Office Administrator, Office Principal, management, and office staff.
Meets these responsibilities by:
- Providing assistance to communicate information to the employees in the office,
- Providing assistance with processing AP,
- Ordering equipment and office supplies, and maintaining supply inventory,
- Maintaining and scheduling use of office equipment,
- Coordinate with Building property management for work order requests (i.e. A/C, maintenance, etc.),
- Registration and Certification maintenance,
- Assist with New Hire Orientation process as needed (Providing Office keys, safety equipment, office supplies, updating personnel contact information, etc.); New hire paperwork & initial training on phones, BST – eTime and eExpense,
- Collecting, reviewing and processing company vehicle mileage logs, requesting rental vehicles,
- Assisting or acting as the Safety Coordinator, with safety training, physical scheduling, and project-related safety requirements.
- Keeping Office Administrator and management informed of safety, employee, and facility needs,
- Conference and Seminar registration and coordination with Marketing staff.
- Planning and maintaining travel schedules, making travel arrangements, coordinating related logistics and preparing follow up communications for office staff as requested,
- Ordering lunches and assisting with coordination of office events and functions such as training sessions, celebrations, Gannett Days, picnics, client visits, and executive staff visits in collaboration with the Office Administrator,
- Operating a multi-line phone system,
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail and processing outgoing mail, and
- Providing general administrative and clerical support.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Licensing requirements
- Associate degree in related field
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or experience
- Specific Training courses in this field (explain): MS Office Suite, multi-line phone systems, Stamps.com
- Must be proficient with various software applications including Office 365 applications, Acrobat Adobe, and accounting software (i.e. BST)
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience.
- Professionalism; discretion and judgment
- Attention to detail; and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
Other duties may be assigned as necessary. Generally, office work environment. Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to independently travel and be physically present in the office or at a client site.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status. Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
SIMILAR JOBS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS