US - AZ - Phoenix
Throughout our 100 year history, Gannett Fleming has been an innovator and leader at a global level, providing world class services in engineering, consulting, design, program and construction management. With more than 60 offices worldwide, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious engineering firms.
Our people are our secret to delivering excellence as promised! We have fostered a culture promoting progressive thinking to tackle complex engineering challenges --- transforming creative ideas into reality! We are committed to supporting your career goals by providing professional development and training, the opportunity to work with respected industry thought leaders, while at the same time encouraging a healthy work life balance. Our benefits and perks are competitive because we want to see a smile on your face as we change the world together.
Since 1915, Gannett Fleming has played a major role in some of the most multifaceted and iconic engineering accomplishments in the world. Join us in our journey as we continue to provide thought provoking, customized solutions to our clients, improving and sustaining communities for the next 100 years!
Our Geotechnical Practice is currently seeking an entry level or junior Geotechnical Engineer to join the Phoenix, AZ office. This individual will assist in the investigation, analysis, design and construction observation of a wide variety of projects including transportation, water resources, and mining.
- Perform field reconnaissance and exploration boring observations
- Design and analyze shallow and deep foundations for highway and transit bridges, public buildings, and major hydraulic structures
- Perform analyses for: stability and seepage of earthen embankments, settlement estimates, foundation underpinning, lateral earth pressure for retaining walls, pavement design and rockfall protection
- Assist with geotechnical investigations for a wide variety of projects including dams, flood control, water supply, transportation and mining
- Assist in laboratory testing investigations
- Preparation of geotechnical engineering reports, design drawings, and specifications
- Provide construction observation support during the construction phase of various projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required; Master’s Degree with a Geotechnical focus preferred.
- Passed Fundamentals of Engineering exam is preferred.
- 0-3 years of geotechnical experience with an emphasis on transportation, dam engineering design and water resources projects is preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is preferred; experience with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Experience with geotechnical software including: STABL, Slope/w, Seep/w, Sigma/w, LPILE, GROUP, CRSP, Plaxis and gINT is preferred
- Field experience with construction observation activities such as micropile and drilled shaft installations, soil nail walls, earthwork and shoring is preferred.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must be comfortable around large equipment, highway traffic, and remote terrain
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position.
No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.